Receive a Speeding Ticket in Erie County?
Regardless of whether you’ve been cited for speeding, reckless driving, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle or another traffic violation in Erie County, it is important to talk to an Erie County traffic ticket lawyer before you pay the fine.
Simply paying a traffic ticket is an admission of guilt and by adding a conviction for a NY traffic violation to your record, you face the risk of:
- Increased insurance premiums
- Accumulating points on your driver’s license — six or more in 18 months results in having to pay a New York driver responsibility assessment (DRA) for three years
- Your driver’s license being later suspended or revoked for additional traffic violations
Contact an Amherst Town Court Municipal Traffic Attorney
Our experienced New York traffic violation defense attorneys in Albany and Schenectady are familiar with the local Erie County courts. In most situations, our attorneys can appear in Amherst Town Court on behalf of out-of-state drivers and NY residents so they don’t have to bear the time or expense of returning to Erie County to fight traffic tickets.
To learn how our Erie County traffic ticket lawyers can help get your fees, penalties and charges reduced, or maybe even dismissed, contact us online or by calling 866-642-3807.
Some of the common charges our clients face in Amherst Town Court include:
- VTL 319: Operating a motor vehicle without insurance
- VTL 511: Aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle
- VTL 1111: Failure to obey a traffic signal
- VTL 1180: Speed not reasonable and prudent
- VTL 1192: Driving while ability impaired
- VTL 1212: Reckless driving
Amherst’s local traffic courthouse is located at:
Amherst Town Court
400 John James Audubon Parkway
Amherst, NY 14228
Hours: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday