Receive a Speeding Ticket in Rensselaer County?
Regardless of whether you’ve been cited in Rensselaer County with a minor violation such as speeding or a more serious traffic violation such as aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, it is important to talk to a Rensselaer County traffic law attorney before you pay the ticket.
By mailing in a check with your traffic citation, you are admitting fault. When a conviction for a New York traffic violation is added to your record, you face the risk of:
- Increased insurance premiums
- Accumulating points on your driver’s license — six or more in 18 months results in having to pay a New York driver responsibility assessment (DRA) for three years
- Possible future suspension of your driver’s license with additional traffic violations
Contact a Troy City Court Speeding Ticket Lawyer
Our experienced Rensselaer County traffic lawyers in Albany and Schenectady are familiar with the local Rensselaer County courts. In most situations, our attorneys can appear in Troy City Court on behalf of out-of-state drivers and NY residents so they don’t have to bear the time and expense of returning to Rensselaer County to challenge their traffic citations.
Call 866-642-3807 or contact us online to learn how our New York state traffic violation lawyers may be able to get your traffic charges and fines reduced.
Some of the common charges our clients face in Troy City Court include:
- VTL 319: Operating a motor vehicle without insurance
- VTL 511: Aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle
- VTL 1111: Failure to obey a traffic signal
- VTL 1180: Speed not reasonable and prudent
- VTL 1192: Driving while ability impaired
- VTL 1212: Reckless driving
Troy’s local traffic courthouse is located at:
Troy City Court
51 State Street
Troy, NY 12180
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday