Stopped for Speeding While Driving Through Schenectady County?
Regardless of whether you’ve been cited for speeding, driving without a license, reckless driving or another traffic violation in Schenectady County, it is important to talk to a traffic defense attorney before you pay the fine.
Simply paying a traffic fine is an admission of guilt, and by adding a conviction for an NY traffic violation to your record, you face the risk of:
- Increased insurance rates
- Being assessed a New York driver responsibility assessment for three years — upon accumulating at least six points on your driver’s license in 18 months
- Your driver’s license being suspended or later revoked if you receive another traffic violation
A Schenectady City Court Traffic Lawyer Can Help
With offices in Albany and Schenectady, our New York state speeding ticket lawyers are familiar with the local Schenectady County courts. In most situations, our attorneys can appear in Schenectady City Court on behalf of out-of-state drivers and NY residents so they don’t have to bear the time and expense of returning to Schenectady County to fight traffic tickets.
To learn how our Schenectady County traffic violations attorneys can help get your fees, penalties and charges reduced, or maybe even dismissed, call 866-642-3807 or contact us via e-mail.
Some of the common charges our clients face in Schenectady City Court include:
- VTL 319: Operating a motor vehicle without insurance
- VTL 511: Aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle
- VTL 1111: Failure to obey a traffic signal
- VTL 1180: Speed not reasonable and prudent
- VTL 1192: Driving while ability impaired
- VTL 1212: Reckless driving
Schenectady’s local traffic courthouse is located at:
Schenectady City Court
105 Jay Street
Schenectady, NY 12305
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday